Certain professions are regulated. In other words, they can only be practised if certain conditions are fulfilled:
- Managers or directors of new SMEs must prove they have knowledge of basic management.
- For certain self-employed activities, proof of professional skills (French-Dutch) must be provided.
- The intellectual professions (French-Dutch) must comply with certain rules.
Have a look at the legal provisions and formalities that need to be completed for individual professions (French-Dutch) :
- Construction and electrical engineering:
- installation/repair of joinery/carpentry and glazing;
- ceiling plastering, cementing and screeding;
- general joinery/carpentry;
- tiling and working with marble and natural stone;
- working on the building shell;
- general contracting;
- roofing and water-tightening;
- electrical engineering activities;
- installation of central heating, air conditioning, gas and bathroom fittings.
· Cycles and motor vehicles:
· Shops and services:
· Textile cleaning: