Means of appeal

To carry out self-employed activities in Belgium, you have to complete certain formalities. If you want to appeal against a decision of a public administration, the Council of State is competent for those cases regarding which the information sheet in the procedure guide does not mention any specific means of appeal.

For consumer disputes and complaints you can contact the Directorate-General Enforcement and Mediation of the FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy.

The commercial court is a specialised jurisdiction that is competent for trade disputes and commercial matters.

The labour court is a specialised jurisdiction with extensive powers in the field of labour law and social security.

On this page you can find an overview of the Belgian courts and tribunals (fr).