You want to set up your own professional business. Your first step will involve choosing the legal structure best suited to your project. There are three ways to structure your independent business:
- working as a self-employed person (self-employed natural person)
- setting up a company (legal entity)
- a branch office
Each option provides benefits and drawbacks, and your choice will have important consequences on the life of your business. To help you choose, you can consult the website of the Federal Public Service Economy .
If you decide to incorporate a company, you must still choose the type of company.
When you have made your choice, you can take the first steps in setting up your company: incorporating the company and submitting your company's Articles of Association:
- notarised deeds (SA, SRL):
- private deeds: the Articles of Association can be filed with the Court Office of a Commercial Court
- In addition to setting up a subsidiary, a foreign company may develop its activities in Belgium by opening a branch