Belgian assistance and problem-solving services

logoYou have a question or a problem related to rights, rules, obligations and procedures laid down in European or Belgian legislation? We can help you in the six domains below:

  • Product specifications
  • Professional qualifications
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Online shopping disputes
  • Cross-border healthcare
  • Cross-border employment

Assistance is provided in English, Dutch and French. Received requests are usually answered within 15 business days.

Product specifications

The Product Contact Point (PCP) and the Product Contact Point for Construction (PCPC) can provide assistance with:

  • An electronic copy or online access to Belgian technical rules and Belgian administrative procedures applicable to specific goods, to a specific type of goods or to the incorporation, assembly or installation of products in construction works
  • Information as to whether Belgian legislation requires prior authorisation for those goods or goods of that type

Professional qualifications

The National Assistance Centre for Professional Qualifications (NACPQ), commonly referred to as Be-Assist, can provide assistance with:

  • Information on the regulated professions and their specific access conditions in Belgium
  • The steps to be taken to be allowed to exercise a regulated profession in Belgium based on professional qualifications obtained in another Member State:
    • e.g. I studied medicine in another EU Member State and would like to become a doctor in Belgium. What is the path to be followed?
  • Necessary guidance or support if problems occur in a recognition process.

For more detailed information on a specific profession, or for the recognition procedure itself, Be-Assist redirects the applicant to the competent authorities for the concerned profession.


The Point of Single Contact (PSC) can provide assistance with:

  • Exploring business opportunities or expanding services to Belgium
  • Setting up a new business in Belgium
  • Applicable rules and formalities in Belgium
  • Completing administrative procedures in Belgium

Online shopping disputes

The Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) contact point can provide information and assistance with online disputes between consumers and traders in Europe, including :  

  • Explaining the use of the Online Dispute Resolution platform to consumers, traders and alternative dispute resolution bodies
  • Assisting with a Request for Direct talk with a trader based in the EU or with a Dispute to a recognised body that can deliver a solution or decision without the intervention of the courts
  • Providing information on consumer rights in Europe

Cross-border healthcare

The National Contact Point for Cross-Border Healthcare (NCPCH) can provide assistance with:

  • Information on the Belgian and European healthcare system
  • Planned and unplanned healthcare in Belgium and abroad:
    • e.g. How will I get treatment as an EU citizen in another EU Member State?

Cross-border employment

The European Network of Employment Services (EURES) can provide assistance with*:

  • Information on job opportunities as well as living and working conditions in Belgium:
    • e.g. I’m an accountant from another EU Member State. Are there open vacancies for my profession in Belgium?
  • Assistance for job placements and recruitment across borders:
    • e.g. Our organisation would like to recruit people in Belgium. How can we get support to spread our vacancy?

*Questions concerning cross-border employment in the German-speaking Community can be answered in German.

Submit a request

Other requests

In case you have a question or problem that is not related to any of the six domains above, visit the YourEurope website or click one of the following links to find relevant services of the Belgian federal and regional governments:

The Belgian assistance and problem-solving services were established as part of the Single Digital Gateway Regulation (2018/1724). 

Help us improve